Friday, October 14, 2005

Cerclege In!!

Well, today the cerclege was put in. What a relief that is over now. Baby is all sewed in. LOL. We were suppose to be at the hospital by 7:00 a.m. We got there right on time. I got put in my hospital room. I just kept thinking boy it is different being in the hospital when something isn't going wrong with my pregnancy. I got hooked up to an IV, they took my blood pressure and my temperature. So we wait and they do not draw my blood until around 7:45 a.m. (mind you the surgery is suppose to start at 8:00). They were not going to start the surgery until after they got my results back. In the meantime they found the heartbeat with the doppler. It was our first time hearing the heartbeat.Finally my results came back and the surgery could start, a little late. I walked into the operating room and it was cold in there. I got to sit on the operating table while the spinal block was put in. Let me tell you it hurt to have the numbing stuff put in, after that I did not feel anything. They laid me down at this point. My legs were starting to feel numb. I could still feel the sense of touch a little bit. They then put my legs up in the harness things. Let me tell you how vulnerable you feel in this position. My arms were streched out to my sides. They put things on my chest to monitor my heart and I got some oxygen. They first started by sterilizing the area. That felt weird. After that they did not say too much. I know when they put in the foreceps. I could at times feel a sensation down there, but I really could not feel anything. I just kept wondering what they were doing. I started to get the shakes. They put some warm towel on me, which felt better, but did not help with the shakes. They said the shakes were probably from the spinal block. Finally the procedure was done. It only took about 10 minutes. They wheeled me back to my room. Before I could go home, I had to pee and be able to feel my legs again. Well this took ahwile. In the meantime I still have the heart monitor things on, a blood pressure cuff, a IV and antibiotics, and also a monitor to monitor for contractions. I never had any contractions, which was great. After a couple of hours I finally started to feel my legs. Another hour after that they let me get up to try to pee. Let me tell you what fun that was. I was still kind of numb in that area and I really could not feel much. I could only get a little out. After about another half hour they brought me in something to eat. Yeah for food. I mean at this point the last time I had eaten was the night before. I mean it was hospital food, but it was not that bad. They tried to find the heartbeat again with the doppler, but could not. Therefore I got an ultrasound. My bladder was so full on ultrasound, but we got to see that our precious baby was doing fine. After the ultrasound I got up to pee again and I was finally able to. Let me tell you how nice it was to let all of that out. Can you spell relief. Anyway I finally got discharged. I was so happy to be going home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home